Monthly Archives: August 2013
The Internet is a place that is overly populated, and that also means crimes will also take place. Piracy of DVDs, TV-Games, etc. are hugely reducing the profit that those companies should have made. Making young children slipping their parents credit card into stupid advertisements is also a proper crime. internet is a place that is said that could help you make a fortune, but the opposite can also happen, meaning you can lose everything with a small little security breach or your personal information, such as your credit card number. Giving that to an advertisement company that you never heard of before can make you lose a lot of money, because most of the time they are just fake companies trying to pull of money of stupid people on the internet.
We should know a lot of things to remain safe on the internet. First of all, we should secure our personal information. Which are these:
1.Usernames and passwords
2.Social Security numbers
3.Bank account numbers
4.PINs (Personal Identification Numbers)
5.Full credit card numbers
6.Your mother’s maiden name
You should first observe the website, and decide if you can trust them. If the company is very huge and well known through out the world, for example Apple.Inc, I am pretty sure you can trust them if they ask about your information. Because there is no merit to commit a crime like that, when the company is that huge, and will continue creating a huge amount of profit from their products.
It is also better to make harder passwords, in case hackers tries to breach your account. We should create a password that is hard to guess and easy to remember. It is best to use both low case and high case letters, and also include few numbers.
We should also be careful about people we meet online.There are hundreds of online dating sites and chatting sites, and we never know who we are actually talking to. Any lie will work on the internet. A person that claims that they are teenagers can be full grown adults. Young teenagers believing in that lie, may actually want to meet the person that they were talking to over the screen. This can lead to kidnapping, even sexual abuse of children. To not let that happen, we should not talk to strangers that we meet online, and instead cling to the real world, talking to actual people that is standing in front of us.
“How to Be Safe on the Internet.” WikiHow. Ed. Rachel Jenkins. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Aug. 2013.
Metrico is a PS Vita exclusive game from the Dutch indie game design agency Digital Dreams, which is a game that introduces infographics to the world of gaming. This is the very first attempt to make a game that largely contains the content of infographics, to gaming. These two was said that will not blend, because nobody ensured that it would work, and will be able to sell. People didn’t want to take the risk and time to make this game, because success was not promised, but finally a company called Digital Dreams showed up, announcing this game, Metrico.
1. The game is largely based on infographics, which also changes largely based on your actions, and inputs.
2. Creates a whole new atmosphere to gaming, making the gaming world changeable in players hands, based on what data they push into the game, it this may works it also proves that data visualization doesn’t necessarily have to make sense all of the time.
3.It is an PS Vita exclusive, by an Indie Game Company, it shows that it didn’t require huge amount of money to create it, showing other mainstream core gaming companies that infographic games are completely available, maybe helping them open up to new video gaming ideas.
1. It is a game completely based on the players choice, making it a game with no plot or required choices, making it completely new.
2. It will be able to create varieties to the game, because it is player based, many players around the world may use different data to play the game, giving it huge amount of freedom.
3. It is very cheap, considered it is a exclusive game the price is estimated to be from 10-20 dollars, which is a decent price for a game in this scale.
1. It may be too complicated and hard for young children, making not able to play the game.
2. There may be problems with the graphic quality, considering it is a infographic game, the visual graphic of the game could be very bad.
3. There is a high risk, that the gamers will may be reluctant to let this new kind of gaming in their turf, it may be not accepted to the gaming society, and end as a miserable failure.
Liddle, Sean. “Awesome New Video Game Immerses You in Infographics.” Neo Mam Infographic Design Agency. N.p., 22 Aug. 2013. Web. 26 Aug. 2013.