Monthly Archives: September 2013
This the video of me presenting my Culture Presentation PowerPoint. It was a long presentation lasting over 20 minutes, even though I was doing it alone. I am glad if you find it enjoyable even a little bit. Sometimes I may talk too quickly, and there may be some inappropriate language, but please just ignore those parts. If you think there is some error in my presentation, please correct me immediately. I tried to express the culture of my country with a lot of action and gestures. Thank you.
This is the presentation created by me based on my culture. I tried to define the definition of culture in my own way, and show some of the main features that represents the culture of mine. Since I am a Japanese, I tried to express the beautiful and inspirational cultures of Japan. I did not include any videos because I had a lot of information, and I thought that would keep me busy for the whole time. I tried to show a lot of pictures. I am very glad if this presentation helped or entertained you in some way. Thank you 🙂
Nissan have always been known for its creative and unique ideas on their products, and they did it again. Nissan is now taking in the ideas of Samsung’s smartwatch. The new type of watch that provides the users the same concepts of the phone. Watching videos, calling, all those features. But, the the smartwatch Nissan is providing us is specifically made for racers, so it is said that it will have features that will provide some serious help to the racers.
1. Because it is called a smartwatch, of course it comes in the form of a watch. This makes it easy for users to use it, and bring it to any places, beacause it is a watch. It cannot be hard to just simply wrap the watch around your arm. It is vary portable, and you will also have a low risk on maybe losing it, because its obviously wrapped around your arm.
2. It is the watch developed for Nismo Motorsports line, meaning it is created mainly on the use of racers. Because of this, the Nissan smartwatch will have some features that will be only required by the racers. Monitoring and analyzing the vehicle’s performance is one of them.
3. This feature is enabled by connecting via Bluetooth to a proprietary smartphone application. Meaning it is easily accessible, and will not take too much time to start running the system.
4. Nissan is also investigating heart and brain monitoring technologies for future wearable tech, so Nissan is trying to further where they can go, to completely assure the safety of the driver, they are trying to install a program that looks over the drivers’ heart and brain, analyzing if they are physically and mentally stable.
5. It delivers the users vehicle telematics and performance data while on track. This will clearly tell the driver if the vehicle is working fine, by making it able to access the performance data, it can alert the drivers if there is a problem with the vehicle or not, and can lead to preventing accidents from happening.
1. It is easily wearable, and portable. This will allow you to bring this anywhere. It will not take up any space in your bag, because it is a watch.
2. It will assure the safety of the driver, by both looking after the vehicle and the driver, checking the heart rate, and the physical conditions.
3. It is highly efficient. It uses bluetooth as the main power source, so it will only require little energy. It is also easily accessible, because it uses bluetooth.
1. Because it is designed for racers, some functions of it can be felt useless by us civilians. I do not think I would want a function that looks over my heart rate, and physical conditions that often.
2. It can be very expensive, making it not affordable for some people. Even though it is a watch, it consists of the newest technologies of the year 2013. This will not be cheap. It may be too expensive for none of us to buy. Maybe it is only specified for racing companies to buy it.
3. Even though the technologies are new, because it is in the form of a watch, there should be some limitations when it comes to the screen. It sure cannot be big, so maybe it can be some of us with bad eyesight to watch, and use it.
1. What other functions is Nissan planning to put on to this watch? Maintenance of the vehicle and checking our heart rate is surely not useless, but to a healthy person like me that doesn’t have a car, both of the function feels a bit useless. What other functions do we want them to build in the watch?
2. Around how much will the watch be? How much will you want it to be? What do you think is the maximum price that Nissan can set the watch on?
Moon, Mariella. “Nissan Surprises Us All with Smartwatch Concept for Nismo Cars (video).”Engadget. N.p., 08 Sept. 2013. Web. 09 Sept. 2013.
We did this presentation by first separating the work, telling each other who does what topic. Then we talked about who presents what part of the presentation briefly, then we started working on the presentation. We tried to find accurate information on each topic, and tried to find some images and videos about them, so we can show it in class.