Monthly Archives: February 2014
Apple’s under-development wearable product rumored to be named “iWatch” has some significant features that not one previously released wearable electronic gadget consisted of. It may actually prevent you from engaging in difficult health circumstances or situations, noticing you and getting you out from those situations safely and quickly. This is rumored that it may be capable of changing the modern medical system, bringing new possibilities to patients that have some sort of health difficulties.
– The “iWatch” could prevent heart attacks from happening by tracking blood-flow from the noises it makes in arteries.
– The product will use pioneering audio technology to track blood turbulence, surveying the noises the blood makes in arteries. It is capable of differentiating whether the blood is in a healthy flow, or if its struggling to get past the plaque build-up that can lead to coronary failure.
– It also uses audio sensors to listen to how the blood moves through the body, identifying telltale issues with its passage that could predict greater health problems.
– The initial ambition to add functionality like blood-glucose, may have been abandoned because of the general inaccuracy of non-invasive sensors which are used for those measurements.
– Because everyone would want to stay alive and maintain their healthy body, there is a high chance of this product becoming Apple’s new best-seller. Populations from different generations may purchase this product, checking on their blood levels if its healthy.
– Because it is wearable, it is very compact and easy to carry around. This handiness may satisfy many of Apple’s customers’ desires, making them want to buy this product. Because of this reason, customer that may probably not need this product may also wear it, like children.
– There is no assurance that the product will not operate properly, and with users that are in serious health conditions, that may cost them their life. Because of this product that they are using and also which they rely on is responsible for keeping on their blood levels, there may be a serious problem if the product stops operating properly.
– Because it is a product with many functions, there may be a very high price-tag on it, and some may not be able to afford it. The price must be affordable to us middle class citizens, or no one would buy it.
– What will the price be? Is it affordable?
– How can we assure that the product will work at all times?
– What are the functions apart from keeping track of the blood-fluidity?
Davies, Chris. “Apple IWatch May Predict Heart Attacks Insiders Claim.” SlashGear. N.p., 16 Feb. 2014. Web. 17 Feb. 2014.
Students nowadays are using technology in such innovative ways, apart from texting, facebooking, tweeting, or snapchatting. Even though adults tend to misjudge the ways students uses technology, students are actually engaging in very innovative ways of using the modern technology, that surprises us all. Because the students nowadays were using and learning technology from a young age, there may be things that they are only capable of doing.
- 6 concepts
– Early Adopters (About 1 on 4 U.S. teens own a smartphone.)
– Blenders (63% of students indicated their preference for a blended learning environment.)
– Mad Scientists (A number of virtual labs have received financial backing from the U.S. Education Department.)
– Social Butterflies (95% of teens ages 12-17 are online. 76% using social networking sites. 77% have cell phones.)
– Big Talkers (23% of Internet users and 7% of cellphone owners have participated in video calls, chats, or teleconferences.)
– Moovers Shakers (School districts across the nation are providing students the technology they need to learn in class and at home.)
– This strategy will help students develop the knowledge of technology, which may help them make changes in the future.
– Because it is the era of technological development, students that are used to technology may be able to create things that are completely new and innovative, bringing this world change in more than one possible ways.
– This allows students to learn technology in a way more efficient way, instead of sitting down and learning from teachers, students themselves are searching for their answer to satisfy their needs. In this way students can learn technology way easier, and quicker compared to simply being teached by teachers. Students desiring the knowledge and the use of technology may be the keys to the future of computer technology.
– This may lead to lack of students’ conversation abilities in real life, since every young pupils nowadays are glued to their phone/gadgets at all times, maybe they will forget how to talk to a real person sitting in front of them. This can create difficulties they may face in the future, because there is no way we can avoid actual contact with other individuals in life.
– Students may not be able to develop their physical life skills, being dependent on technology. For example, the Mad Scientist Virtual Lab may not allow them to develop the abilities of students actually conducting with real physical kits.
– How can we be sure that students will not addicted to technology, being completely dependent on it?
– How can students learn physical life skills when every lessons are being done using technology?
– How can we be sure that students won’t start using technology in illegal purposes?
Dunn, Jeff. “6 Innovative Ways Students Are Using Technology.” Edudemic. N.p., 30 Sept. 2013. Web. 09 Feb. 2014. .