3D-Printer Revolutionizes the World
3D-Printers are one of the most anticipated technology development of 2014. The social media claims that 3D-Printers may revolutionize the world, bringing many new possibilities to technological and medical, even physical development. It is a technology that still has many possibilities, therefore many industries and corporations are seeking to hold the major share of the income that can be produced by the 3D-Printer.
– Stratasys Objet500 Connex3 3D printer created a corset that have been demonstrated to gorgeous effect by designer and engineer Michaella Janse van Vuuren. This demonstration opened up the possibilities of 3D-Printers associating with modeling. This may ultimately lead to 3D-Printers creating new fashion trends. Multimaterial is going to be the next major concept of 3D printing. It allows multiple colors and materials in a single print session. This will be highly time-efficient because there will be no need exchange nor switch colors during in a print session, instead running through everything in a single run without stopping for a split second. The printer has 3 nozzles, which makes it possible to print 3 materials at the same time. It also can be done in colors, which is cyan, magenta and yellow, for an entire rainbow for color options.
– Michaella Janse van Vuuren, a South African artist, designer, and engineer has used the Objet 500 Connex3 to create range of fashion items, which she refers as the “Garden of Eden”. Vuuren compliments the printer of its flexibility, in how its capable of combining rigid and flexible materials in one piece, and also introducing color into the process allows whole new possibilities.
– Not only does this technology replace traditional methods of fashion manufacturing, it enables us the manufacture them in completely new ways. The ability to combine multiple material properties and beautiful jewel-like colors in a single run is absolutely astonishing. Vuuren believes that 3D-Printer is a tool for engineering and creative expression, and she is looking forward for what comes in the future.
– It is a technology not fully developed yet, therefore there is so many possibilities. It can further develop into something that can open up new possibilities in a wide range of things, such as fashion, medical, technological, etc.
– Capable of printing 3 type of materials and 3 type of colors in a single run, making it highly time-efficient.
– Capable of combining rigid and flexible materials in one piece.
– It can not only replace traditional methods of fashion manufacturing, it allows us to manufacture them in complete new ways.
– The printers are still not capable of printing extremely detailed works, therefore human hands are still required in work situations such as art.
– There is still a limitation in material and color uses, which is up to 3.
– Since the printing procedure is very detailed, there can easily be errors and mistakes.
– Is there any ways to expand the limitation of 3 materials and 3 colors?
– What are the varieties of materials compatible with this 3D-Printer?
– How long does it take to manufacture one product?
Starr, MIchelle. “3D-printed Corset Wraps Model in Revisionist Eden.” CNET. N.p., 21 Mar. 2014. Web. 24 Mar. 2014. .