Category Archives: ICT
This is the presentation created by me based on my culture. I tried to define the definition of culture in my own way, and show some of the main features that represents the culture of mine. Since I am a Japanese, I tried to express the beautiful and inspirational cultures of Japan. I did not include any videos because I had a lot of information, and I thought that would keep me busy for the whole time. I tried to show a lot of pictures. I am very glad if this presentation helped or entertained you in some way. Thank you 🙂
Nissan have always been known for its creative and unique ideas on their products, and they did it again. Nissan is now taking in the ideas of Samsung’s smartwatch. The new type of watch that provides the users the same concepts of the phone. Watching videos, calling, all those features. But, the the smartwatch Nissan is providing us is specifically made for racers, so it is said that it will have features that will provide some serious help to the racers.
1. Because it is called a smartwatch, of course it comes in the form of a watch. This makes it easy for users to use it, and bring it to any places, beacause it is a watch. It cannot be hard to just simply wrap the watch around your arm. It is vary portable, and you will also have a low risk on maybe losing it, because its obviously wrapped around your arm.
2. It is the watch developed for Nismo Motorsports line, meaning it is created mainly on the use of racers. Because of this, the Nissan smartwatch will have some features that will be only required by the racers. Monitoring and analyzing the vehicle’s performance is one of them.
3. This feature is enabled by connecting via Bluetooth to a proprietary smartphone application. Meaning it is easily accessible, and will not take too much time to start running the system.
4. Nissan is also investigating heart and brain monitoring technologies for future wearable tech, so Nissan is trying to further where they can go, to completely assure the safety of the driver, they are trying to install a program that looks over the drivers’ heart and brain, analyzing if they are physically and mentally stable.
5. It delivers the users vehicle telematics and performance data while on track. This will clearly tell the driver if the vehicle is working fine, by making it able to access the performance data, it can alert the drivers if there is a problem with the vehicle or not, and can lead to preventing accidents from happening.
1. It is easily wearable, and portable. This will allow you to bring this anywhere. It will not take up any space in your bag, because it is a watch.
2. It will assure the safety of the driver, by both looking after the vehicle and the driver, checking the heart rate, and the physical conditions.
3. It is highly efficient. It uses bluetooth as the main power source, so it will only require little energy. It is also easily accessible, because it uses bluetooth.
1. Because it is designed for racers, some functions of it can be felt useless by us civilians. I do not think I would want a function that looks over my heart rate, and physical conditions that often.
2. It can be very expensive, making it not affordable for some people. Even though it is a watch, it consists of the newest technologies of the year 2013. This will not be cheap. It may be too expensive for none of us to buy. Maybe it is only specified for racing companies to buy it.
3. Even though the technologies are new, because it is in the form of a watch, there should be some limitations when it comes to the screen. It sure cannot be big, so maybe it can be some of us with bad eyesight to watch, and use it.
1. What other functions is Nissan planning to put on to this watch? Maintenance of the vehicle and checking our heart rate is surely not useless, but to a healthy person like me that doesn’t have a car, both of the function feels a bit useless. What other functions do we want them to build in the watch?
2. Around how much will the watch be? How much will you want it to be? What do you think is the maximum price that Nissan can set the watch on?
Moon, Mariella. “Nissan Surprises Us All with Smartwatch Concept for Nismo Cars (video).”Engadget. N.p., 08 Sept. 2013. Web. 09 Sept. 2013.
We did this presentation by first separating the work, telling each other who does what topic. Then we talked about who presents what part of the presentation briefly, then we started working on the presentation. We tried to find accurate information on each topic, and tried to find some images and videos about them, so we can show it in class.
The Internet is a place that is overly populated, and that also means crimes will also take place. Piracy of DVDs, TV-Games, etc. are hugely reducing the profit that those companies should have made. Making young children slipping their parents credit card into stupid advertisements is also a proper crime. internet is a place that is said that could help you make a fortune, but the opposite can also happen, meaning you can lose everything with a small little security breach or your personal information, such as your credit card number. Giving that to an advertisement company that you never heard of before can make you lose a lot of money, because most of the time they are just fake companies trying to pull of money of stupid people on the internet.
We should know a lot of things to remain safe on the internet. First of all, we should secure our personal information. Which are these:
1.Usernames and passwords
2.Social Security numbers
3.Bank account numbers
4.PINs (Personal Identification Numbers)
5.Full credit card numbers
6.Your mother’s maiden name
You should first observe the website, and decide if you can trust them. If the company is very huge and well known through out the world, for example Apple.Inc, I am pretty sure you can trust them if they ask about your information. Because there is no merit to commit a crime like that, when the company is that huge, and will continue creating a huge amount of profit from their products.
It is also better to make harder passwords, in case hackers tries to breach your account. We should create a password that is hard to guess and easy to remember. It is best to use both low case and high case letters, and also include few numbers.
We should also be careful about people we meet online.There are hundreds of online dating sites and chatting sites, and we never know who we are actually talking to. Any lie will work on the internet. A person that claims that they are teenagers can be full grown adults. Young teenagers believing in that lie, may actually want to meet the person that they were talking to over the screen. This can lead to kidnapping, even sexual abuse of children. To not let that happen, we should not talk to strangers that we meet online, and instead cling to the real world, talking to actual people that is standing in front of us.
“How to Be Safe on the Internet.” WikiHow. Ed. Rachel Jenkins. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Aug. 2013.
Metrico is a PS Vita exclusive game from the Dutch indie game design agency Digital Dreams, which is a game that introduces infographics to the world of gaming. This is the very first attempt to make a game that largely contains the content of infographics, to gaming. These two was said that will not blend, because nobody ensured that it would work, and will be able to sell. People didn’t want to take the risk and time to make this game, because success was not promised, but finally a company called Digital Dreams showed up, announcing this game, Metrico.
1. The game is largely based on infographics, which also changes largely based on your actions, and inputs.
2. Creates a whole new atmosphere to gaming, making the gaming world changeable in players hands, based on what data they push into the game, it this may works it also proves that data visualization doesn’t necessarily have to make sense all of the time.
3.It is an PS Vita exclusive, by an Indie Game Company, it shows that it didn’t require huge amount of money to create it, showing other mainstream core gaming companies that infographic games are completely available, maybe helping them open up to new video gaming ideas.
1. It is a game completely based on the players choice, making it a game with no plot or required choices, making it completely new.
2. It will be able to create varieties to the game, because it is player based, many players around the world may use different data to play the game, giving it huge amount of freedom.
3. It is very cheap, considered it is a exclusive game the price is estimated to be from 10-20 dollars, which is a decent price for a game in this scale.
1. It may be too complicated and hard for young children, making not able to play the game.
2. There may be problems with the graphic quality, considering it is a infographic game, the visual graphic of the game could be very bad.
3. There is a high risk, that the gamers will may be reluctant to let this new kind of gaming in their turf, it may be not accepted to the gaming society, and end as a miserable failure.
Liddle, Sean. “Awesome New Video Game Immerses You in Infographics.” Neo Mam Infographic Design Agency. N.p., 22 Aug. 2013. Web. 26 Aug. 2013.